Dashboards & Visualizations

Splunk Timechart span

Splunk3
Explorer

Hi I am trying to count the number of jobs till now and want to show the daily trend using timechart command. Not able to get , may be I am messing up with span option

for eg.. total jobs executed till now is 100 and there is trend of 10 jobs increased today 

tomorrow it should show 110 and trend of tomorrows increase job 

command - index=.......... projects="*" job_id="*" | dedup job_id | timechart span=60d count

In picture you can see that total events are shown 1688 , I need that as single value and daily trend over itsplunk query.PNG

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
index=_internal 
| bin _time span=1d 
| sort 0 _time
| stats count by _time
| streamstats sum(count) as total
| table _time total

View solution in original post

Splunk3
Explorer

Yes, but here I need total no of jobs executed till now i.e 1688 in this case( see the total no of events ) and on that I want daily trend 

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
index=_internal 
| bin _time span=1d 
| sort 0 _time
| stats count by _time
| streamstats sum(count) as total
| table _time total

Splunk3
Explorer

Thank you it worked -:) 

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Shouldn't span=1d if you want daily trends?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...