Dashboards & Visualizations

Splunk Time range picker passing wrong timestamp to dashbaord

architkhanna
Path Finder

I have few dashboards in Splunk 7.1.4 for a client whose data source is their Jira tool.
Both Splunk and jira are in same time format(GMT)
However, when I chose some date or date and time range from time picker, I am getting a difference of around 5-5 and a half hour value of time being passed onto the dashboard.

Example, I chose may 15 00: hour-June14 23:59 in date range from time picker, values passed on dashboard are 1589481000 and 1592159400,whose date values are :

1589481000 : Thursday, May 14, 2020 6:30:00 PM

1592159400 : Sunday, June 14, 2020 6:30:00 PM

Is there a way/reason why splunk is doing that and passing wrong date/time from my chosen values?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@architkhanna  check what is your logged in User Time Zone. Is it GMT or IST?

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Security/ConfigureuserswithSplunkWeb

architkhanna
Path Finder

Both splunk and data source are in GMT

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

Just wanted to confirm with you what is the Date format you are passing is it relative time or absolute like Date Range? Also can you add some sample data and screenshot of example? If you have Splunk Entitlement, work with Splunk Support to find the root cause, workaround and solution of the issue.

I am curious if you are hitting the following bug (please check and confirm): https://community.splunk.com/t5/Dashboards-Visualizations/7-1-Dashboards-not-converting-timepicker-t...

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...