Dashboards & Visualizations

Splunk Monitoring Console does not load all visualizations. Error Javascript for quarantined_files.

dc17
Explorer

Hi, 
In some of the Dashboards of my Splunk Monitoring Console, it returns this error "A custom JavaScript error caused an issue loading your dashboard. See the developer console for more details"

Error in Dashboard:

dc17_0-1693556174538.png

The console in the developer details specifies a 404 Not Found Error on many scripts: 

dc17_0-1693556507914.png

The same error is issued for also other js like PopTart.js or Base.js. 

Searching for all these files in the Splunk folder I notice these scritpts are all stored in a folder called quarantined_files, an odd folder placed directly in the /opt/splunk/ path. 

Any ideas on how to debug this error? 

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

sawwinnaung
Engager

I also got that issue after upgrade the DMC. Find the missing js file from the developer console and copy those js from quarantined directory to the relevant directory. Then restart the server. My DMC resolve and visulizations are came back to norma.

Don't forget to turn off restriction under Settings > Server Settings > Internal Library Settings

View solution in original post

lanning_bradley
Explorer

Hello.  

Not sure if you figured out this issue yet. What I found was that a recent Splunk update moved some js libraries into the quarantined folder due to incompatibility with jQuery 3.5. So far I haven't seen any other solutions. We actually moved the js and css files into our APPLICATIONS with modifications to the js to adhere to jQuery 3.5.

0 Karma

dc17
Explorer

Hi @isoutamo
thanks for your reply. 

I have seen the topics you've sent me. Unfortunately I noticed that these can not be applied to my case mainly because the errors are not on a custom Dashboard but on the Splunk Monitoring Console, so any modifications would be more complicated. 

It seems that my problem is strictly correlated to the folder "search_mrsparkle" that contains all the  scripts giving me the error messages. This folder ended up to the path /opt/splunk/quarantined_files/share/splunk/ 
instead of its original path. 

Thanks, 

0 Karma

sawwinnaung
Engager

I also got that issue after upgrade the DMC. Find the missing js file from the developer console and copy those js from quarantined directory to the relevant directory. Then restart the server. My DMC resolve and visulizations are came back to norma.

Don't forget to turn off restriction under Settings > Server Settings > Internal Library Settings

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...