Dashboards & Visualizations

Splunk Mobile App Visualizions Not Displaying

brookshelpdesk
Engager

Hello All,

(Environment Splunk Cloud V8.x)

When we use the Splunk Mobile app  we are unable to view any data from any dashboards we use. We do get a server error or no data available (doesn't matter the search time).  This following article describes an issue with limitations: https://community.splunk.com/t5/All-Apps-and-Add-ons/Do-Splunk-Mobile-app-have-some-Visualization-Li...

Is this the issue we are having?  If so, what is the purpose of this app if Splunk has not fixed this yet (the forum post is from 10/20/2019)?  This is completely useless for us. I don't get it. Can any splunkers out there help me understand if there is an improvement for this app in the future?

TIA,

Bob

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The mobile app does have limitations. I am only familiar with the Android version, but I know the development team has been working heavily to improve the app and there has been a lot of work over the last few months to address early issues from the initial release. 

There are still some limitations, e.g. some visualisation types that cannot yet be shown referred to in the other post.

Also, drilldown is not currently working, so if your app uses any kind of conditional panels and drilldown, then they will also not work.

However, the team is definitely working towards improving the experience - but I am not privy to any timescales within Splunk.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The mobile app does have limitations. I am only familiar with the Android version, but I know the development team has been working heavily to improve the app and there has been a lot of work over the last few months to address early issues from the initial release. 

There are still some limitations, e.g. some visualisation types that cannot yet be shown referred to in the other post.

Also, drilldown is not currently working, so if your app uses any kind of conditional panels and drilldown, then they will also not work.

However, the team is definitely working towards improving the experience - but I am not privy to any timescales within Splunk.

0 Karma

brookshelpdesk
Engager

Bowesmana,

Thanks for the feedback. That's good to hear that the development team is working on improving this.  

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...