Dashboards & Visualizations

Splunk Form

alexvarghese98

Hi Splunk Community,

I have been working with Splunk for quite a while and recently wanted to create my own Splunk form using XML. A form that I am currently attempting to create is for a user to input multiple source IP addresses (ex. 10.1.1.1.1, 10.2.2.2.2,...) and Splunk would display all of the user's information including their full name, phone number, and email address from the source IP addresses that were inputted into the form. For example, if I type in 10.1.1.1.1,10.2.2.2.2 then Splunk would display the full name, phone number, and email addresses of those two source IP addresses. This is what I have so far:

Splunk Phishing Email Form:
A simple XML form that displays the user's information once the Source IP address is inputted.

<input type= "text" token="Source_IP">
<label>Enter a Source IP Address </label>
</input>

<row>
<panel>
<search>
    <query>
        index="wineventlogs" user!= "*$"
        [ eval src_ip = "Source_IP" | makemv src_ip delim="," | mvexpand src_ip | fields src_ip]
        | dedup user | table user, user_nick, user_phone, user_email 
    </query>
</search>
</panel>
</row>

I cannot test this into Splunk because for some reason I am not able to access it at home. I would very much appreciate it if anybody would tell me if the XML code is right. If not, could you please tell what is wrong with it and how I could fix it. Thank you!

0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You need <form> and </form> elements at the beginning and end, respectively.

Splunk is free so you can install the software on your local machine for development testing.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You need <form> and </form> elements at the beginning and end, respectively.

Splunk is free so you can install the software on your local machine for development testing.

---
0 Karma

alexvarghese98

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I actually had added the form and fieldset tags but I don't know why it didn't appear in my sample code. I tried to login into Splunk at home and for some reason it is informing me that my license was expired and that I have to login as an administrator.I believe that the administrator's credentials are admin, changeme right? If so, I wasn't able to login with those credentials.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, those are the default credentials. You may have changed the password the first time you logged in, though.
If you can't remember the new password, you can revert to the default by renaming the $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/passwd file and restarting Splunk.

---
0 Karma

alexvarghese98

Thank you so much and have a great day!

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Be sure to click Accept to close the question, @alexvarghese98!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...