Dashboards & Visualizations

Splunk Dashboard

vplunk
Explorer

Hello Everyone, 

I am working on a dashboard with 2 event panel . and i would like to use the outcome of panel 1 as an input to my panel 2 . Can you please advise what is the optimal way to take a specific field output and utilise as an input in the next panel . I tried base search but did not provide result as expected.

Panel 1 :

<query>index=xyz sourcetype=vpn *session*
| fields session, connection_name, DNS, ip_subnet, Location,user
| stats values(connection_name) as connection, values(Dns) as DNS, by session
| join type=inner session
[ search index=abc sourcetype=vpn *Dynamic*
| fields assigned_ip,session | stats values(assigned_ip) as IP by session]
| table User,session,connection_name,ip_subnet,IP,DNS,Location |where user="$field1$" OR connection_name="$field2$" OR session="$field3$"</query> 

Once the output is generated for the above query , i would like to leverage the value displayed for Ip_subnet and use that as input for panel 2 

Panel 2:

<query>|inputlookup letest.csv
|rename "IP address details" as IP
| xyseries Ip_subnet,Location,IP | where Ip_subnet="$Ip_subnet$"</query>

In panel 2 $Ip_subnet$ is input that would be taken from value of Ip_subnet of panel 1.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

vplunk
Explorer

Hello Richgalloway, 

Thank you for taking time and responding to my query .  Instead of using the set token i went ahead with storing the value in another field ( as a dropdown) and selected from there and that became the input for the next panel. 

Regards.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Use a done element to set a token for the 2nd query to use.

...</query>
<done>
  <set token=ip_subnet>$result.ip_subnet$</set>
</done>

Remember that field and token names are case-sensitive.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

vplunk
Explorer

Hello Richgalloway, 

Thank you for taking time and responding to my query .  Instead of using the set token i went ahead with storing the value in another field ( as a dropdown) and selected from there and that became the input for the next panel. 

Regards.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...