Dashboards & Visualizations

Splunk Dashboard Studio: Export without input fields?

SecurityWorker
Engager

Hey everyone,

As far as I can tell in the current version of dashboard studio there is no way to export to PNG or PDF that does not include the input menus at the top. (Time, multiselects, etc.) Is this correct, or is there something I am missing?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

MMahlberg
Explorer

Unfortunatly no. You cannot export without the input options. The only workaround i have found is to include

"showTitleAndDescription" : false 

in the layout section which will disable the Title and description but still show the inputs. For the title i then added a text-field inside the Dashboard. In doing so, the Inputs are above the title now and can be easily cut off after the export to png/pdf. 

MMahlberg_0-1627981251555.png

Is this a good solution? Obviously no, but it kind of works around the issues right now. 

View solution in original post

MMahlberg
Explorer

Unfortunatly no. You cannot export without the input options. The only workaround i have found is to include

"showTitleAndDescription" : false 

in the layout section which will disable the Title and description but still show the inputs. For the title i then added a text-field inside the Dashboard. In doing so, the Inputs are above the title now and can be easily cut off after the export to png/pdf. 

MMahlberg_0-1627981251555.png

Is this a good solution? Obviously no, but it kind of works around the issues right now. 

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...