Dashboards & Visualizations

Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure - Host Inventory missing values

ricotries
Communicator

I have deployed the Splunk App for Windows Infrastructure and have been able to fix most of the issues so far with the dashboards and panels, but there is one dashboard that eludes me. Under Windows > Host Monitoring > Host Inventory, three of the fields are simply saying "Unknown": Computer Name, Service Pack, and Last installed update. I have found the HTML file that generates this page (I noticed you couldn't edit this dashboard like you usually can so I went into the actual files in the host server) but there isn't much I can do with it. The weird thing is that, when you look at the reference page for this dashboard, those same three fields show as "Unknown".

Is this a known issue that has not been fixed and has no workarounds?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...