Dashboards & Visualizations

Splunk Alert Triggers after 15 minutes of its scheduled time

AniketD

Hi All,

I've configured an alert which sends a mail when the count is not less than 1 for a particular feed.

I;ve given the below criteria :

Cron Schedule : 45 21 asterisk asterisk 0 [ So that is runs at 21:45 on every Sunday, I;ve written asterisk as the symbol was not coming in the post ]
Time Range : Earliest [-15m@m] Latest [@m] , so that it checks if the count is not less than 1 at 21:45 for the last 15 minutes

The problem here is that the search triggers at nearly 21:59 , however, the time range picked remains the same [21:30 - 21:45 ] and I get a email at around 10:01

can someone please tell me what is happening and is there anything which I am missing and need to know and understand

0 Karma

tiagofbmm
Influencer
0 Karma

FeatureCreeep
Path Finder

Have you checked your job in the Activities view? That will tell you what time the job executed and how long it took to complete. One possibility, There are alert options that allow your query to delay when it is ran if the Splunk cluster is busy so maybe you selected one of those options? Another possibility is that the query just took that long to complete. I'm guessing that isn't the case but looking at the job from the Activities view should help you narrow down the possible causes.

0 Karma

AniketD

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your response!

Yes, I did went into the activities view and it is from there I came to know that it ran after nearly 15 mins of it scheduled time. The query took about a minute to run.

To answer your 2nd question, no I did not select any such criteria/options to delay the alert.

One thing I observed even for other alerts is that the delay is about 15 min.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...