Dashboards & Visualizations

Sort the table on the basis of color on sort arrow click

harshal_chakran
Builder

Hi,
I have a advanced XML dashboard, where I display a table using search command. I have used side-view utils to color the table cells based on some threshold values. I can see a sort arrow beside every column header which sorts the table based on values. Is it possible to utilize this sort arrow to sort the column on basis of color.

my dashboard table is as shown below:-

alt text

I want the table to sort as red on top, den orange den green irrespective of their value on click of sort arrow.

Please Help...!!!

0 Karma

sideview
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I think I see. The thresholds are defined differently for each row, so some of the values that are red for one row are only orange for another.

It would be extremely difficult and involve some custom code to make clicks on the "head1" and "head2" columns sort by the colors instead of the values. However you could allow the hidden threshold value (or whatever it's called) to not be hidden, but rather to be exposed in the table. Then the user could click it, and if you could rearrange it so that the values were "red" "orange" and "green", it might give your users what they want?

Or alternately you could just do the default sort by the threshold field when the table is first rendered.... Then if they change the sort order by clicking the little arrows they wont have a way to get that sort order back but maybe that's OK.

0 Karma

harshal_chakran
Builder

yeah, the color are based on values. But here, each cell has a color based on different values. therefore, I want to sort it based on colors irrespective of values.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Isn't the color based on value? If yes then sorting by values is same as sorting by color.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...