Dashboards & Visualizations

Single value with trend to compare last 7 days and last 7 days before that

splunk_kk
Path Finder

Hello Team,

I want to compare total count of last 7 days to the total count of 7 days before that in a single value with trend. For example, (suppose today is 15th), if the total count from 9th to 15th is 120 and total count from 1st to 8th was 50. I want to compare this and have a single value with Arrow.

I hope you have got my point. Le t me know if you need some more information

Regards

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

It definitely should work; it works for me (you don't need the fields part so just drop it):

earliest=-14d@d latest=@d-1s index=_internal
| timechart span=7d count
0 Karma

splunk_kk
Path Finder

Thanks Woodcock. It would work but if count is zero it won't show for that week/hour/day.

Did you see a zero in your count in the results?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Yes, even when I drop the previous week's events like this:

earliest=-14d@d latest=@d-1s index=_internal
| where _time > relative_time(now(), "-1d@d") 
| timechart span=7d count
0 Karma

splunk_kk
Path Finder

Strange, doesn't work for me....

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

I am on v6.6.0.

0 Karma

cmerriman
Super Champion

would you want the single value to be 120, then and just an arrow pointing up?

try something like this for a date range of the 1st through 14th:

|timechart span=7d count

if you only want the arrow, don't show the sparkline. it would just be two points anyways with just two weeks.

0 Karma

splunk_kk
Path Finder

Hi Cmerriman,

Thanks for your response.

I managed to create a search but it is not giving me the result as expected. see below:

MY SEARCH:

earliest=-14d@d latest=@d-1s index=myindex sourcetype=mysourcetype status=success | timechart span=7d count | fields count

I'm getting the result as:

count   _time
25  2017-06-09

What I'm expecting is:

count   _time
0   2017-06-02
25  2017-06-09

I think the problem is if the total of the count during the week from 2nd to 8th is 0 (Zero) is doesn't provide the result for that week. Any clues how we can make that appear in the result?

0 Karma

cmerriman
Super Champion

that is bizarre. i'm running a similar query on my own data. i limited a dataset so that i only had data coming back from 6/11-6/14. i ran .... earliest=-14d@d latest=@d-1s| timechart span=7d count | fields count
and got back
count _time
0 2017-06-02
17864 2017-06-09
I'm on version 6.5.1, is that the version you are on?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

It all works fine for me on v6.6.0.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...