Dashboards & Visualizations

Single value map visualization. can't color marker yellow

rwiley
Explorer

i have a map that is showing alerts on servers we have around the country. one of the alert colors is "yellow". i can use Red, Green, Purple, Pink, Black, Blue but for some reason the marker will not use yellow as a color. this seems like an off the wall question but it is really irritating. Has anyone else ran in to this issue. i have tried HEX and RGB as well. the map does not like yellow 😞

Tags (1)
0 Karma

wmeyers
Explorer

This is because this map uses Leaflet.AwesomeMarkers which does not have a yellow marker color. You can see the available colors on their GitHub page. The fix for this would be to change the image to include a yellow marker and then add a css entry ".awesome-marker-icon-yellow" in the css file .

niketn
Legend

Can you paste a screenshot... after masking sensitive information if any?

rwiley
Explorer

we created a work around for the issue. instead of changing the marker color we just changed the circle in the marker. so i no longer have an example of the map without the colors. it is live now so i don't want to make any changes at this time.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@rwiley, I have seen Yellow in Map visualization, so this was rather interesting issue. If possible can you share mock? Have you opened up a support ticket with Splunk otherwise? Which map visualization are you using and what version of Splunk?

cmerriman
Super Champion

can we see the snippet of xml with the option names/color values? Are you on 6.5?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

I would open a support ticket.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...