Dashboards & Visualizations

Set custom color for choropleth map bins

wu_weidong
Path Finder

Hi all,

I'm trying to build a (categorical) choropleth map where the 3 ranges are showing specific colors. Part of my code is 

<query>...
| eval count=case(count<=-100,"-100",(count>=-100 AND count<=50),"-100 to -50",count>50,">50")
| sort + count
| geom geo_countries featureIdField=country</query>

<option name="mapping.type">choropleth</option>
<option name="mapping.choroplethLayer.colorBins">3</option>
<option name="mapping.choroplethLayer.colorMode">categorical</option>
<option name="mapping.seriesColors">{"-100":#ff9900,"-100 to 50":#ffcc00,">50":#fff0b3}</option>

However, I'm just seeing the countries colored black, regardless of which bin they fall into. Without specifying "mapping.seriesColors", the countries are colored automatically by Splunk.

Am I using the seriesColors option wrong?

Thank you.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

wu_weidong
Path Finder

I realized what was wrong. Instead of using mapping.seriesColors, I should use mapping.fieldColors.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

wu_weidong
Path Finder

I realized what was wrong. Instead of using mapping.seriesColors, I should use mapping.fieldColors.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...