Dashboards & Visualizations

Set and pass drilldown from one dashboard to another?

aohls
Contributor

I have a dashboard that is acting as an overview and when it is clicked I want to pass two values to the dashboard that is linked to open on the click event. I can get one of the values to pass no problem. The other value I want though is set at the click event.

$click.name2$
<link target="_blank">/app/search/system_vitals?form.hostName=$hostName$&amp;form.component=$component$</link>

In this example the hostName populates correctly but the component is not. Component though is populated from a set token in the destination dashboard. In short; should it be possible to use set and target like I have above to a set value in another dashboard or is there an issue with having component be a set value in the other panel? I just wanted to confirm if it is possible; I am looking for a possible user error but everything looks to be in line.

0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

If the question is, is it possible, then answer is definitely, yes. Now you need to figure out what is wrong and there is a very helpful token debugger included in the Developer Gadgets app that will help a great deal: https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3689/

View solution in original post

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

If the question is, is it possible, then answer is definitely, yes. Now you need to figure out what is wrong and there is a very helpful token debugger included in the Developer Gadgets app that will help a great deal: https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3689/

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Did the debugger told help you? Come back and leave a comment here and tell us what you discovered the problem to be!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...