Dashboards & Visualizations

Service health dashboard

linusconcepcion
Engager

I have several services sending their logs over to splunk.

I'd like to generate a daily dashboard report that looks like the one at the bottom of this page:
http://status.aws.amazon.com/

Basically, all the rows would be my various services. The columns would be the last 5-10 days. There would be a green, yellow, or red mark in the cells depending on the number of ERRORs that appear on the logs.

Is a report like this possible?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

yes, though it's slightly easier to do it in Splunk with the rows and columns the other way:

source=mylogs earliest=-5d@d  "ERROR" | timechart span=1d count by ServiceName

And then display it with the "heatmap" overlay. To transpose:

source=mylogs earliest=-5d@d  "ERROR" | timechart span=1d count by ServiceName | fieldformat _time=strftime("%Y-%m-%d", _time) | transpose

View solution in original post

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

yes, though it's slightly easier to do it in Splunk with the rows and columns the other way:

source=mylogs earliest=-5d@d  "ERROR" | timechart span=1d count by ServiceName

And then display it with the "heatmap" overlay. To transpose:

source=mylogs earliest=-5d@d  "ERROR" | timechart span=1d count by ServiceName | fieldformat _time=strftime("%Y-%m-%d", _time) | transpose

linusconcepcion
Engager

This works fine. Thanks!

0 Karma

linusconcepcion
Engager

Thank you. I'll give this a shot and mark this as the answer if it works.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...