Dashboards & Visualizations

Schedule PDF delivery of a dashboard not attaching pdf in email

twh1
Communicator

I have scheduled PDF delivery of a dashboard in Splunk. I was getting the attachment in email with Splunk version 6.5.7. But after upgrading from 6.5.7 to 7.1.6 Splunk version, I am not getting the attachment. only emails, along with content I am getting.

I have not made any changes to my PDF schedule.

I am getting below error in email.

An error occurred while generating the PDF. Please see python.log for details.
0 Karma
1 Solution

twh1
Communicator

I used multiple appendcols(around 17) to print data in 1 of panel of the dashboard. Which was taking a huge time to complete the search. Due to this search only, I was not able to get the attachment. Once i removed that particular panel from my dashboard, i started getting pdf as expected.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

twh1
Communicator

I used multiple appendcols(around 17) to print data in 1 of panel of the dashboard. Which was taking a huge time to complete the search. Due to this search only, I was not able to get the attachment. Once i removed that particular panel from my dashboard, i started getting pdf as expected.

0 Karma

MoniM
Communicator

Hi @twh1 ,
you can make changes in your web.conf.
Here is the similar issue here:-
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/320430/after-upgrading-from-splunk-61-to-63-why-am-i-unab.html

Hope it helps!

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...