Dashboards & Visualizations

Schedule CSV of Splunk Dashboard

Deprasad
Path Finder

I would like to have my dashboard delivered in CSV format rater than PDF. Is it possible in Splunk? I have a total of 90 panels so can't rely on Reports. Please clarify

Labels (3)

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Deprasad,

I have some problem to think to a dashboard with 90 panels and I'd have some dificoulty to use this dashboard!

Anyway, as @rupkumar4sec said you can only schedule a pdf print of a dashboard not in csv.

In addition you whould have all the panels in csv, but probably each panels has different columns and rows, so how do you imagine your output?

For a limitated numbers of panels, with the same (or similar) columns you could try to schedule a report in which you run the first search and then you add the second and so on, but I don't think that the result is the one you're thinking.

At least, the only solution is a program (using Python, or the language you like) that executes all the searches of the dashboard's panels one by one and saves the results in a txt or in a csv.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

rupkumar4sec
Path Finder

I don't think it is possible to get a dashboard in a CSV(Comma-separated values) file in any software tool. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...