Dashboards & Visualizations

Scatter plot of contingency data using earthquake data

coleman07
Path Finder

My ultimate goal is to create a scatter plot showing the number of email messages which has a spam score of X and phish score of Y. I tried to do this using the earthquake data and plotting the number of earthquakes which had Magnitude X and Depth Y where each colored dot would represent a different count. For example, red = 1, blue = 2 and Green =3 and the plot would show the count of each combination of depth and magnitude similar to the table produced by

source="eqs7day-M2.5.txt" | contingency Depth Magnitude

If I read the chart reference page, the x axis is the first argument after chart, y axis is the over clause and the values would be the by clause. So, how do I get the following faulty chart command to work to produce what I want:

`chart values(Magnitude) over Depth by count(Depth)` 

so the X axis is Magnitude, Y axis is Depth and the value is the number of earthquakes with that Magnitude and Depth?

As you can see, this solution will give me the real answer to my real problem, graphing spam vs phish scores.

Thanks so much,

Sean Coleman

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

coleman07
Path Finder

I solved this tricky problem with the following solution:

source="eqs7mday-M2.5.txt"  | stats count(Depth) AS Depthcount by Magnitude,Depth | table Depthcount,Magnitude,Depth

Hit the table button and select Scatter Plot and you end up with a Scatter Plot of Depth on the X axis and Magnitude on the Y axis with your count as values of the graph.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

coleman07
Path Finder

I solved this tricky problem with the following solution:

source="eqs7mday-M2.5.txt"  | stats count(Depth) AS Depthcount by Magnitude,Depth | table Depthcount,Magnitude,Depth

Hit the table button and select Scatter Plot and you end up with a Scatter Plot of Depth on the X axis and Magnitude on the Y axis with your count as values of the graph.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...