Dashboards & Visualizations

SameSite cookie

thomasradikal

Hello,

I have noticed that Splunk dashboard is working in Firefox but is not working in Chrome or Edge (maybe more browsers).
I use an iframe to load Splunk in my Wordpress website. This is not a problem since i tried a website that does use the cookie samesite='None'.
To my understanding Chrome did an update where is does not allow third party (Splunk) apps that does not use the samesite cookie.

Is this a known problem? is there a workaround?

Articles i found interesting for understanding this problem:
https://github.com/GoogleChromeLabs/samesite-examples/blob/master/php.md

https://blog.heroku.com/chrome-changes-samesite-cookie

Screenshot 2020-10-27 at 11.28.20.png

After disabling the 'samesite by default' Splunk works.

Previously i got an answer that this is a wordpress bug, if so can someone explain to me how this is a wordpress bug. 

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma

LucLu
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hi Guys ,

Have you solved this problem?

Unfortunately, we also have this problem.If you solved this problem , could you please tell us how to fixed it ?

0 Karma

davidoff96
Path Finder

I am also currently having this issue. Has anyone found some sort of work around? 

0 Karma

thomasradikal

Hi, 

To be honest, i don't know exactly what the problem was or how i solved it, i would love to help but i can't find it in the code.

I think it had something to do with the code where the splunk 'code' comes from.

In my case i had to add something to the script on the other site before i was able to load it into the main site.
By adding this to the script i was able to clear the samesite error.

I know this is not the answer you are looking for but i can only push you in that direction to look for the right answer.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...