Dashboards & Visualizations

SSO with SAML in distributed environment : Why is data retrieved and seen in inline search, but not when in a dashboard?

gdausque

Hello,

We are in a distributed configuration. We want to add SSO to Splunk Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS). We have only configured SSO with ADFS on the search head. For the authentication it works fine (with a little bit of works). But we have a strange behavior with dashboard :
- when running the inline search from a panel, no issue : datas are retrieved and displayed correctly
- when running the search from the dashboard : datas are not displayed, we get a no result found

I've tried to add a new panel on an existing dashboard, same issue. On a new dashboard (private or shared), same issue. I think this is related to a role permission, but don't know how to troubleshoot this.

Does anyone had already encountered this behavior, do we need to set up SSO on all node of the Splunk infrastructure (search head and indexer)?

Thanks for your help.

0 Karma

suarezry
Builder

You do not need to setup SSO on the indexer. It's only required for the search head.

If you hover your mouse over the panel a toolbar shows up at the bottom. One of the icons is "open in search", click on this and confirm you do indeed get results. Then click on the "i" icon (inspect). This will open up the Search Job Inspector window. There is a link for "search.log" which you can browse, it will state the reason for why no results are found.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...