Dashboards & Visualizations

Reset timepicker lable to match time token values

chiliconbeano
Path Finder

I have a dashboard containing two radio buttons, one for 'Current quarter' and one for 'Previous quarter'.  I also have a timepicker input field for customizing the time range for a query.  Following is the XML code for the input fields:

<input type="radio" token="quarter_token" searchWhenChanged="true">
      <label>Select quarter...or...</label>
      <choice value="earliest=@qtr latest=@d">Current quarter</choice>
      <choice value="earliest=-1qtr@qtr latest=@qtr">Previous quarter</choice>
    </input>
    <input type="time" token="time_token" searchWhenChanged="true">
      <label>Select date range</label>
      <change>
        <set token="form.quarter_token"></set>
      </change>
      <default>
        <earliest>@qtr</earliest>
        <latest>@d</latest>
      </default>
    </input>

My question is: How can I reset the timepicker Label text to match the radio button selected time range?  Currently, if a user selects a custom time range, then selects one of the radio buttons, the timepicker label doesn't match the radio button time range selection.  For example, can I simply do the following to reset the timepicker label?

<set token="form.time_token.earliest">@qtr</set>
<set token="form.time_token.latest">@d</set>

In the example attachment, the timepicker lable shows 'Last 55 days' as well as the 'Previous quarter' radio button being selected.  This situation presents an inconsistent UI.

thanks in advance,

Bob

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Training for All: Meet Aspiring Cybersecurity Analyst, Marc Alicea

Splunk Education believes in the value of training and certification in today’s rapidly-changing data-driven ...

Investigate Security and Threat Detection with VirusTotal and Splunk Integration

As security threats and their complexities surge, security analysts deal with increased challenges and ...

Observability Highlights | January 2023 Newsletter

January 2023New Product Releases Splunk Network Explorer for Infrastructure MonitoringSplunk unveils Network ...