Dashboards & Visualizations

Question about SPL using data from a lookup

PNG

We’re running Splunk 8.1.2 on RHEL 8.x and are using some dashboards that makes use of a lookup file “itsp_compliance_settings.csv” with an exemple below

host_environment,title,setting,must,value

Production,IP default-gateway,default_gateway,equal,1.2.3.4

Production,IP default-gateway,default_gateway,equal,5.6.7.9

This is an extract of the search behind the dashboard using the above lookup

index="cisco_ios_config" sourcetype="ApplianceConfigurations:Cisco:IOS"
| dedup host
| fields - tag, -_raw, - tag::eventtype
| rex field=source "\/usr\/local\/rancid\/var\/(?<host_environment>\w+)\/configs\/"
| rex field=source "\/usr\/local\/rancid\/var\/\w+\/configs\/\w+-\w+-(?<extra_host_environment_check>\w+)-"
| lookup ITSP:Compliance_Settings host_environment
| eval zip=mvzip(title, setting, "||")
| eval zip=mvzip(zip, must, "||")
| eval zip=mvzip(zip, value, "||")
| mvexpand zip
| makemv delim="||" zip
| eval title=mvindex(zip,0)
| eval setting=mvindex(zip,1)
| eval must=mvindex(zip,2)
| eval value=mvindex(zip,3)
| foreach *
[ eval field=if("<<FIELD>>"==setting,<<MATCHSTR>>,field)]
| fillnull value="Setting not found" field
| mvexpand field
| eval fail=if(trim(field)==trim(value),if(must=="equal",0,1),if(must=="equal",1,0)) | stats sum(fail) AS "Count" by title
| rename title AS "Setting"
| eval Status=if(Count > 0, "error", "ok")

Can someone please help and tell me if this is possible to adapt the search to take into account more than 1 possible values (2 default gateways are both valid) in the lookup as per the above example ?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma

manjunathmeti
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @PNG,

Your query will not work if one of the columns contains blank values in csv file. Try this:

index="cisco_ios_config" sourcetype="ApplianceConfigurations:Cisco:IOS"
| dedup host
| fields - tag, -_raw, - tag::eventtype
| rex field=source "\/usr\/local\/rancid\/var\/(?<host_environment>\w+)\/configs\/"
| rex field=source "\/usr\/local\/rancid\/var\/\w+\/configs\/\w+-\w+-(?<extra_host_environment_check>\w+)-"
| append [ | inputlookup ITSP:Compliance_Settings] | stats latest(_time) as _time, max(*) as * by host_environment,title,setting,must,value
| foreach *
[ eval field=if("<<FIELD>>"==setting,<<MATCHSTR>>,field)]
| fillnull value="Setting not found" field
| mvexpand field
| eval fail=if(trim(field)==trim(value),if(must=="equal",0,1),if(must=="equal",1,0)) | stats sum(fail) AS "Count" by title
| rename title AS "Setting"
| eval Status=if(Count > 0, "error", "ok")

If this reply helps you, a like would be appreciated.

0 Karma

PNG

Hi @manjunathmeti 

Thank you for your reply but my question was actually about how to deal with a column having multiple valid values, one value per line (so far, we've dealing with only 1 entry).

I think the "eval" should be adapted to cope with that. Can you help ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...