Dashboards & Visualizations

Problems to drill down Windows path

gfreitas
Builder

Hi people I'm having some issues in a chart drill down that has Windows paths (like: C:\Users\Administrator). When I click in the windows paths to drill down it passes to the next dashboard the variable of the windows path (C:\Users\Administrator) and the search of the next dashboard cannot find any data since splunk search must double back slash to search properly.
If I do a search like: "sourcetype=src1 path="C:\Users\Administrator"" I cannot find any results, but If I search using this: "sourcetype=src1 path:"C:\\Users\\Administrator"" I can find the results. Is there any automatic way to transforms this single back slash into two back slashes (\\) maybe using eval.
Here are some data that may help you understand better:

Log:
date=10:16:08.000 AM 2/7/2014 10:16:08 path="C:\Users\Administrator" file=file.exe risk=High
date=10:12:33.000 AM 2/7/2014 05:39:28 path="C:\Users\Administrator" file=blocker.exe risk=High

Can someone help me?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

gfreitas
Builder

I found how:

instead of doing all in the same search string, I must pipe it to where and trim the directory

| where path=rtrim("$dir$ ")

View solution in original post

afsalkh

How to achieve this if I want to navigate to a folder path
Consider the result of splunk query
Name| path
Path1 | \abc\p1
Path2 | \abc\p2

I want to click and navigate to the paths .

For weburls i can achieve using $click.value2|n$
But in the case of folders and shared paths how to achieve this???

0 Karma

gfreitas
Builder

I found how:

instead of doing all in the same search string, I must pipe it to where and trim the directory

| where path=rtrim("$dir$ ")

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...