Dashboards & Visualizations

Possible Reason Why Refresh Dashboard By Token Not Working?

vtsguerrero
Contributor

Hey there, I have this dashboard which is made of a report, and it has two filters using there "WHERE" == clause and token...
For both inputs, the token changes status, but the dashboard itself is not refreshing after the filter...
Does anyone know a possible reason why this might be happening?
Thanks a lot!

0 Karma

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Only inline searches will react to changes of your token, reports do not. Have your dashboard use an inline search instead of a report and it should work just fine.

Also make sure to enable "Search on change" on the input that creates your token.

vtsguerrero
Contributor

Acctually, I've already been doing the search this way. The problem is still happening, and it's the first time I've seen this happen. The search only works at the moment when I add the panel, right after it, when I refresh the page, it suddenly stops working, altough nothing was changed since it last worked. It's like if the token's value wasn't passed through to the search, but for panel title, which use the token, it's possible to see that they change...

0 Karma

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What way have been doing the searches? As an inline search? Then I'd like to see the XML of the search and the input. And are you using any Javascript in your dashboard?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...