Dashboards & Visualizations

Pie Chart data labels

theertpr
Explorer

How do i get to display the data labels within the Pie Chart. In general the data value and percentage is visible only when mouse is hovered over the chart, but i want that to be displayed always. Please help ??

Tags (3)

darshini2790
Explorer

please suggest a way to display full pie chart label values when pie chart size is smaller. currently ellipsis is coming in the middle , tried "charting.legend.labelStyle.overflowMode" ellipsisEnd option is not working.

0 Karma

ashabc
Contributor

Option mentioned by abiocaldas works. However, if you notice that it will display 2, 3, or more decimal places for percent. An alternate option (without editing the XML file)

... | top 5 location | eval percent=round(percent,0) | eval location=location."(".percent."%)"

This way you can also control how many decimal places (1, 2, none etc) you want to display. In the above, it displays % without any decimal places, which many people prefer.

aditi1996verma
Engager

This is 2020, your answer is still saving lives! 😛

0 Karma

plaid_blanket
Explorer

And same in 2024.  Thank you!

0 Karma

fabiocaldas
Contributor

I used http://answers.splunk.com/answers/154860/how-to-aggregate-percentage-information-in-pie-chart-labels... that works like a charm

<option name="charting.chart.showPercent">true</option>

darshini2790
Explorer

please suggest a way to display full pie chart label values when pie chart size is smaller. currently ellipsis is coming in the middle , tried "charting.legend.labelStyle.overflowMode" ellipsisEnd option is not working.

0 Karma

anwarmian
Communicator

Have the showPercent to "true." The default is false. It will show the label and the percent next to it.

Example:
true

the_wolverine
Champion

This doesn't display the data label in the pie chart. You still have to mouse over for the label to appear.

0 Karma

aelliott
Motivator
0 Karma

MarioM
Motivator

i don't think you can... all the possible parameters for pie chart: Pie chart properties

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...