Dashboards & Visualizations

Passing token value from one dashboard to another in drilldown

matansocher
Contributor

Hi,

I want to pass a value from one dashboard to another with drilldown click.
I manage to pass it to an input in the second dashboard ($click.value$), but I don't want to show it to the user in the input, just use it in the charts.
How do I pass the token value and

Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi matansocher,
the only way to pass a token without showing it is to pass the token to another panel of the same dashboard.
When a drilldown calls a dashboard, it shows all the passed parameters.
Bye.
Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

doronca
Explorer

Hi guys,

Maybe someone can help me here, I am facing similar problem where I set an initial value on my dashboard and when trying to override this token's value from another dashboard the value stays the initial value I set at first.

Any suggestions?

Doron

0 Karma

matansocher
Contributor

hi mbasharat,

the way to pass token or values to another dashboard:
at the dashboard you are passing data from:

<drilldown target="_blank">
  <eval token="new_field">split($core_core_ver$," ")</eval>
  <link>
     <![CDATA[/app/splunk_app/dashboard_name?&form.project=$project_name$&form.date=$click.value$]]>
  </link>
</drilldown>

I have also added an eval calculation for a new field (new_field) that you can create right before the drilldown.
in that way, at the dashboard you are passing data to, the tokens we set (project, date) will be available in the inputs that will have the same corresponding token names.

for example, form.project=$project_name$, and input with token name project will send a token named project with the value $project_name$ (also a token) to the second dashboard, to the input with token name project

mbasharat
Contributor

I also have two dashboards. I want o pass on HOST value from one of the columns in Dashboard A into the Host value in text box in Dashboard B. HOw do I I do that or how did you manage to do this?

Thanks,

0 Karma

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You seem to already know how to do it using an input, so all you need to do is just hide the input on the target dashboard like this:

<input depends="$unused_token$" ...>

This will hide the input, provided there is no token by that name, while keeping the token logic working.

matansocher
Contributor

I did not quiet get you.
lets assume I have the token $date$ in the first (and also the second) dashboard, how can I use it in the second dashboard without showing it to the user?

0 Karma

matansocher
Contributor

OK, good to know.
another quick question.
if I have a timechart - table of _time field and two more fields, that represents two lines, how do I take the click value of it.

For example:
I have the timechart that creates the table:
_time | valueA | valueB

I want to click on 1 of the lines in the time chart and to be able to get the valueA\valueB as a token?

Thanks

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi matansocher,
the only way to pass a token without showing it is to pass the token to another panel of the same dashboard.
When a drilldown calls a dashboard, it shows all the passed parameters.
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...