Dashboards & Visualizations

Pass token to a label

vikas_gopal
Builder

Hi Guys,
I have a very basic requirement .I want to show token value in a label .I tried it with Title ir works fine but it's not woking with label.
$vikas$--works fine
---not working.

Please suggest me how I can achieve this with Simple XML.
Regards
Vikas Gopal

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

slr
Communicator

Hi @vikas_gopal and @aelliott

I have this issue, and is really weird.

If I put the token in a title etiquette all works fine, but when I do the same in a label etiquette like this:

<label>$token$</label>

The first time works fine, but when I reload the dashboard, Splunk adds another pair of $, and I can't see the token's value:

$$token$$

This is weird, but even more when you go to the XML code and it seems to be right:

<label>$token$</label>

but if you click in Edit Panels, and then edit input, I can see in the label text box the next:

$$token$$

What's wrong?

Regards.

0 Karma

aelliott
Motivator

what is showing up? "$vikas$"?

0 Karma

vikas_gopal
Builder

This is so funny I started with $vikas$ only it did not work then I changed it to $$vikas$$ it did not work.Now just after restart $vikas$ works absolutely fine...Thanks @aelliott for the quick responce .You are awesome..

0 Karma

jinn9736

it is still not working for me

0 Karma

vikas_gopal
Builder

let me tell what I am doing .I want to change the label as per my drop down list .I mean label changes if option changes in the dropdown.

0 Karma

vikas_gopal
Builder

It did not work for me with this result came up like $vikas$ .First $ is gone.Don't know where is the problem..

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...