Dashboards & Visualizations

Pass 2 columns to 1 token or 2 tokens?

dbcase
Motivator

Hi,

I have the below table alt text

What I'd like to be able to do is when the user clicks on iPhone (there are 2 of them which is what presents the problem) I'd like to also include the OS in the search as to be able to uniquely identify which iPhone. I know how to configure a token to grab "iPhone" but what I don't know is how to grab the OS value at the same time. Also, is it best to put all the info in 1 token or 2 tokens? Or am I going about this completely wrong? 😉

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi
Do you want to set tokens on drilldown?

Can you please try below drilldown code?

<drilldown>
             <set token="tokenUserAgent">$row.User Agent$</set>
             <set token="tokenOperatingSystem">$row.Operating System$</set>
             <set token="tokenPercentage">$row.Percentage$</set>
           </drilldown>

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi dbcase,
you pass two different tokens:

<drilldown>
   <link>drilldown_dashboard?User_Agents=$row.User Agents$&amp;Operating_System=$row.Operative Systems$</link>
</drilldown>

in addition I usually add also time period

<drilldown>
   <link>drilldown_dashboard?User_Agents=$row.User Agents$&amp;Operating_System=$row.Operative Systems$&amp;TimeFrom=$Time.earliest$&amp;TimeTo=$Time.latest$</link>
</drilldown>

Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi
Do you want to set tokens on drilldown?

Can you please try below drilldown code?

<drilldown>
             <set token="tokenUserAgent">$row.User Agent$</set>
             <set token="tokenOperatingSystem">$row.Operating System$</set>
             <set token="tokenPercentage">$row.Percentage$</set>
           </drilldown>
0 Karma

dbcase
Motivator

Hi Kamlesh_Veghela, That worked! It was a little more tweaking for the query but it works great! Thank you!!!

0 Karma

dbcase
Motivator

The final code segment ended up looking like this

<table depends="$tablepremiseid$">
        <title>Devices/Browsers used for the past 7 days for Premise - $tablepremiseid$</title>
        <search>
          <query>earliest=-7d@d host=beta* index=main "/rest/icontrol/sites/" |rex "\/rest\/icontrol\/sites\/(?P&lt;premise_id&gt;\d+)"|search premise_id=$tablepremiseid$|eval agent = if(match(_raw,"iPad"),"iPad", if(match(_raw, "iPhone"),"iPhone", if(match(_raw, "Android"),"Android", if(match(_raw, "Windows NT"),"Windows NT",if(match(_raw, "HCM-R1"),"HCM-R1", if(match(_raw, "Macintosh"),"Macintosh",if(match(_raw, "Linux"),"Linux",if(match(_raw,"Apache-HttpClient"), "Apache-HttpClient","OTHER"))))))))|rex "Mozilla\S+\s\((?&lt;os&gt;[^)]+)"|eventstats count as grandtotal |eventstats count as ptotal by agent os|stats count values(eval(round(ptotal/grandtotal*100,2))) as Percentage by agent os |sort -count|rename agent as "User Agent - Click for Details" os as "Operating System"|fields - count</query>
          <earliest>$earliest$</earliest>
          <latest>$latest$</latest>
        </search>
        <format type="color" field="Percentage">
          <colorPalette type="minMidMax" maxColor="#31A35F" minColor="#FFFFFF"></colorPalette>
          <scale type="minMidMax"></scale>
        </format>
        <drilldown>
          <condition field="User Agent - Click for Details">
            <set token="tableuseragent">$row.User Agent - Click for Details$</set>
            <set token="tableoperatingsystem">$row.Operating System$</set>
          </condition>
          <condition field="*">
            <unset token="tableuseragent"></unset>
            <unset token="tableoperatingsystem"></unset>
          </condition>
        </drilldown>
      </table>
      <table depends="$tableuseragent$">
        <title>Raw log events for User Agent - $tableuseragent$ and OS - $tableoperatingsystem$ for the past 7 days for Premise - $tablepremiseid$</title>
        <search>
          <query>earliest=-7d@d host=beta* index=main "/rest/icontrol/sites/" | rex "\/rest\/icontrol\/sites\/(?P&lt;premise_id&gt;\d+)" | search premise_id=$tablepremiseid$ | eval agent = if(match(_raw,"iPad"),"iPad", if(match(_raw, "iPhone"),"iPhone", if(match(_raw, "Android"),"Android", if(match(_raw, "Windows NT"),"Windows NT",if(match(_raw, "HCM-R1"),"HCM-R1", if(match(_raw, "Macintosh"),"Macintosh",if(match(_raw, "Linux"),"Linux",if(match(_raw,"Apache-HttpClient"), "Apache-HttpClient","OTHER"))))))))|  rex "Mozilla\S+\s\((?&lt;os&gt;[^)]+)" |search agent="$tableuseragent$" AND os="$tableoperatingsystem$" |table _raw|rex "-\s-(?P&lt;rawevent&gt;.+)"|table rawevent|rename rawevent as "Raw Event"</query>
          <earliest>$earliest$</earliest>
          <latest>$latest$</latest>
        </search>
        <option name="drilldown">none</option>
        <format type="color" field="Percentage">
          <colorPalette type="minMidMax" maxColor="#31A35F" minColor="#FFFFFF"></colorPalette>
          <scale type="minMidMax"></scale>
        </format>
      </table>
0 Karma

dbcase
Motivator

Also can you convert your comment to an answer and I'll accept it so you can get the credit. Thanks again!

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Glad to help you
Happy Splunking

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...