Dashboards & Visualizations

PARSER: Applying intentions failed 'unicode' object has no attribute 'get'

r999
Path Finder

(NOTE - I have read other similar posts and solutions have not helped)

I have a created a dashboard with 2 text boxes for a search. The default value if nothing enetered is "*".

This worked well until i needed to add a radio button to the search options and i was forced to convert to advanced XML.

Now i have converted all works well if i leacve text boxes empty and the search uses the *, but if anything entered into text boxes i get the error below:

PARSER: Applying intentions failed 'unicode' object has no attribute 'get'

http://splunk-base.splunk.com/answers/3606/unicode-object-has-no-attribute-get#3665).:
This one states to add the line

<param name="value"></param>

This does not fix issue. It also says to change the order round- this does nto seem to work either! my code:

<module name="ExtendedFieldSearch">
      <param name="replacementMap">
        <param name="arg">
          <param name="Group"/>
              </param>
          </param>
      <param name="field">Enter ’Group' name</param>
      <param name="intention">
        <param name="name">stringreplace</param>
        <param name="arg">
          <param name="Group">
            <param name="default">*</param>
            <param name="fillOnEmpty">True</param>
          </param>
        </param>
      </param>

<module name="ExtendedFieldSearch">
        <param name="replacementMap">
          <param name="arg">
            <param name="UserAddedRemoved"/>
                </param>
        </param>
        <param name="field">Enter 'Username'</param>
        <param name="intention">
          <param name="name">stringreplace</param>
          <param name="arg">
            <param name="UserAddedRemoved">
              <param name="default">*</param>
              <param name="fillOnEmpty">True</param>
            </param>
          </param>
        </param>

let me know if you need more?

Please do not just point me to another post as none of them clearly identify what needs changing

0 Karma
1 Solution

cphair
Builder

The question you linked has the answer. In the replacementMap sections, where your XML says

you need to change it to

</param>

It's not just adding the value param line; you have to remove the trailing / from the name=UserAddedRemoved line to ensure the value definition is part of the correct parent block. Same goes for the Group replacement map section. I copied your XML into a test view and verified that it worked with these changes. (It also wanted me to add a layoutPanel parameter to the ExtendedFieldSearch module definition, but that's a quick fix.)

View solution in original post

0 Karma

cphair
Builder

The question you linked has the answer. In the replacementMap sections, where your XML says

you need to change it to

</param>

It's not just adding the value param line; you have to remove the trailing / from the name=UserAddedRemoved line to ensure the value definition is part of the correct parent block. Same goes for the Group replacement map section. I copied your XML into a test view and verified that it worked with these changes. (It also wanted me to add a layoutPanel parameter to the ExtendedFieldSearch module definition, but that's a quick fix.)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...