Dashboards & Visualizations

Others are unable to see the splunk dashboard data which is created by the admin user

srinivas1995
Engager

Hi Team, 

I've created a Splunk dashboard and I'm able to see the data, also I have created few users and given the permissions(admin) for the users to see the dashboard data. But somehow the users are able to see the dashboard but unable to see data inside the dashboards. Other users are able to see the data coming from the index by search manually but are unable to see the data in the dashboard which is created by the admin user. Can you please guide me if I'm missing anything?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @srinivas1995,

You have to check if you gave the grants not only to Dashboard and Indexes, but also to the knowledge objects (fields, eventtypes, tags, etc...) you used in the dashboard.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

srinivas1995
Engager

Hi @gcusello 

Thank you, Now I am able to view the data in the dashboard.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @srinivas1995,

good for you, see next time.

Tell me if I can help you more, or, please, accept my answer for the other people of Community.

Ciao and happy splunking.

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...