Dashboards & Visualizations

Option to remember user initial selection in filters

HHMM

Is there any way to remember user's initial selection in the filters(multiselect,dropdown) , so that the filter values are retained when they visit the splunk dashboard next time.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @HHMM,

You have to store "state of filters" previously selected by a user in KV store AND load filters with default values which are already stored.

Steps:

1. Create KVStore lookup with required fields.
  2. Create a search which is executed when any filters change on the dashbaord. This search will store filter value in lookup.(Logged in User wise)
  3. Create a search which is executed on load of dashboard. This search will get all filter value from KVStore lookup and set them into token.
  4. Use tokens as default value in all respective filters. So when user visit again the same dashboard then dashboard have previously selected filters.

Let me know for further assistance.

Thanks
Kamlesh

0 Karma

HHMM

Thanks for your inputs. i will work on this approach and let you know the results.

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

You can set the user initial as default so whenever a user sees a dashboard. In order to make it retain you need to make it as a default values.

0 Karma

HHMM

I can set the values as default only if i know about the user's selection.. how would i get the user's selection?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...