Dashboards & Visualizations

Optimizing Dashboard Searches

fk319
Builder

I have a dashboard that has 9 searches. I currently extract my graph from 6 Summary Indexes. 5 of the Summary Indexes come from the same data set and 3 of the searches is the exact same data except that it is grouped.

0) I have done a pre-search for the 3 pairs of data. (aka I have figured out how to methods, barely)

1) I would like to get this to 3 searches so that normal users can display the dashboard. What constitutes a search: a data base search? or does the post search also count?

2) I did some rough counts, If I merge the 5 summary-indexes into one, there will be about 300 events per minute. Does this help or hurt the dashboard?

3) Some of the charts I can only get 2 hours worth of data to display instead of 4 which the others can get, I don't know where I am running into this limitation. (I get everything when I do the origional dashboard with 9 searches.)

4) when doing a pre-search on the dashboard can you do a double pre-search? This would help the pairs of data I refered to above.

I feel that I am running into some road blocks as I am transfering my view form simple to optimized.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

fk319
Builder

What I did pre-searches so that I can display the data in two ways, a sumary and a more granularity. I was able to cut my searches in half. I also ran into the limit of the graphing display, so instead of setting a time limit, I let the graphing program do more of the work. I was also running into the 10,000 limit for GUI

I was also able to merge several time ranges into one view by use of a time selector.

In general I learned a bit since I posted this, and wanted to close the question.

View solution in original post

fk319
Builder

What I did pre-searches so that I can display the data in two ways, a sumary and a more granularity. I was able to cut my searches in half. I also ran into the limit of the graphing display, so instead of setting a time limit, I let the graphing program do more of the work. I was also running into the 10,000 limit for GUI

I was also able to merge several time ranges into one view by use of a time selector.

In general I learned a bit since I posted this, and wanted to close the question.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...