Dashboards & Visualizations

Open a search drilldown in new window

rsawant
Explorer

I'm creating a series of dashboards such that one navigates to the other on clicking a visualization. I referred to the questions asked here previously, and added the following to my simple XML dashboards:

<drilldown target="_blank">
<link>
/app/app_name/view_name?earliest=$field1.earliest$&latest=$field1.latest$
</link>
</drilldown>

Now, this works just fine.

The drilldown of the last dashboard in the series, however, must direct the user to a search window with the events related to the visualisation, exactly like the default drill down in dashboards, but in a new window. I tried adding this:

<link></link>
</drilldown>

but it doesn't work. Please help me open the default drill down in a new window. Thanks!!

0 Karma

gdiogo
Explorer

No solution in Simple XML ! 😞
So the only solution is to do the following :
You copy the url of the default drilldown after letting it run once.
Then you create your own custom drilldown, simple adapted copy of the default drilldown :

<link target="_black">
            <![CDATA[
                  /app/xxxxxxxxxx/search?q=search%20sourcetype%20%3D%20xxxxxxxxx%20AP_NAME%3D%22$row.AP_NAME$%22%20INTERFERER_TYPE%3D%22$row.INTERFERER_TYPE$%22%20LAST_SEEN%3D%22$row.LAST_SEEN$%22%20RSSI%3D%22$row.RSSI$%22%20CLUSTER_ID%3D%22$row.CLUSTER_ID$%22%20%7C%20fields%20INTERFERER_TYPE%2C%20LAST_SEEN%2C%20RSSI%2C%20CLUSTER_ID%2C%20AP_NAME%20&earliest=$earliest$&latest=$latest$&display.page.search.mode=verbose&dispatch.sample_ratio=1
                 ]]>
              </link>
            </drilldown>

Based on the following default drilldown :

https://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/fr-FR/app/xxxxxxxxx/search?q=search%20sourcetype%20%3D%xxxxxxxxxx%20AP...

The trick is to simply replace the specific values of the default drilldown instance with the dynamic token : For each field, the $row.NAMEOFFIELD$ and $earliest$ and $latest$ for the timerange !
Please go check out the official doc if you find my explanation too unclear !

Happy Splunking 😛

0 Karma

dounla2carlos
Explorer

Hi. I did something that could inspire you. Firt install this app "Dashbord6 example" then create a dashboard with my source code.enter code here

<dashboard>
  <label>Dynamic Drilldown</label>
  <description>Chart and Table panels with dynamic drilldown to custom destination links</description>
  <row>
   <chart>
   <title>Chart panel with dynamic drilldown that passes the clicked Y-axis token to a form.</title>
   <searchString>index=_internal | head 100 | chart count by sourcetype</searchString>
   <option name="charting.chart">line</option>
    <link>/app/simple_xml_examples/simple_form_text?form.limit=$click.value2$</link>
   </drilldown>
    </chart>
  </row>
</dashboard>
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...