Dashboards & Visualizations

Only admin can see eventtype style (color)

cmahan
Path Finder

I created an eventtype and at creation it lets you choose a style color. It works fine for me as admin when i run a search. The desired events are red as expected. I made the eventtype shared to all apps and set permissions to Global, Everyone can Read.
When another user logs in, they are unable to see the color coding i set. I don't see any way to edit the style except at creation of the eventtype and can't figure out why the other users cannot see the color style.

Tags (3)

micahkemp
Champion

eventtypes.conf is where the eventtype color is set. Make sure the eventtypes.conf where your configuration is made is one that is available to other users.

[sourcetype]
color = et_green

It sounds like yours may be in etc/users instead of etc/app.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...