Dashboards & Visualizations

Not all the values are populating from the drop-down to the dashboards with variable

aditsss
Motivator

Hi Everyone,

I have one requirement. 

Below is my drop-down code from which I am populating the OrgName :

<label> Licenses Clone06</label>
<fieldset submitButton="false" autoRun="true">
<input type="multiselect" token="OrgName" searchWhenChanged="true">
<label>Org Name</label>
<choice value="*">All Salesforce Org</choice>
<search>
<query>index="ABC" sourcetype="XYZ" | lookup Org_Alias.csv OrgFolderName OUTPUT OrgName as OrgName | stats count by OrgName</query>
<earliest>$field1.earliest$</earliest>
<latest>$field1.latest$</latest>
</search>
<fieldForLabel>OrgName</fieldForLabel>
<fieldForValue>OrgName</fieldForValue>
<delimiter> OR </delimiter>
<initialValue>*</initialValue>
<default>*</default>
</input>

The issue now I am facing is its not working when I am selecting multiple orgs from drop-down.

Sometimes its displaying only the 1st value from the drop-down in dashboard or if I select 6 values its only displaying the data of 4 .

Below is the code for the query:

<query>index="ABC" sourcetype="XYZ" $type$ |lookup Org_Alias.csv OrgFolderName OUTPUT OrgName| search OrgName=$OrgName$|dedup OrgName, LicenseName, OrgId |stats sum(TotalLicenses) as "Total-Licenses" sum(UsedLicenses) as "Used Licenses" sum(UnusedLicenses) as "Unused Licenses" by LicenseName OrgName OrgId | sort -Total-Licenses</query>

Can someone guide me what is wrong in the query.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

t_shreya
Path Finder

Hi @aditsss 

I think that your current query would result into something like this:
OrgName="value1" OR "value2" OR "value3"..

You can try the following to see if it works.

Provide value prefix as OrgName= in the multiselect filter which would set the token as (OrgName=value1 OR OrgName=value2 OR..). This means the code would be something like this:

<label> Licenses Clone06</label>
<fieldset submitButton="false" autoRun="true">
<input type="multiselect" token="OrgName" searchWhenChanged="true">
<label>Org Name</label>
<choice value="*">All Salesforce Org</choice>
<search>
<query>index="ABC" sourcetype="XYZ" | lookup Org_Alias.csv OrgFolderName OUTPUT OrgName as OrgName | stats count by OrgName</query>
<earliest>$field1.earliest$</earliest>
<latest>$field1.latest$</latest>
</search>
<fieldForLabel>OrgName</fieldForLabel>
<fieldForValue>OrgName</fieldForValue>
<prefix>(</prefix>
<suffix>)</suffix>
<valuePrefix>source="</valuePrefix>
<delimiter> OR </delimiter>
<initialValue>*</initialValue>
<default>*</default>
</input>

And the subsequent change the query would be to just have the token name:

index="ABC" sourcetype="XYZ" $type$ |lookup Org_Alias.csv OrgFolderName OUTPUT OrgName| search $OrgName$|dedup OrgName, LicenseName, OrgId |stats sum(TotalLicenses) as "Total-Licenses" sum(UsedLicenses) as "Used Licenses" sum(UnusedLicenses) as "Unused Licenses" by LicenseName OrgName OrgId | sort -Total-Licenses

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I suspect $OrgName$ does not contain what you expect for it to be able to sit in your query the way it is. Have you tried displaying $OrgName$ somewhere on your dashboard temporarily so you can see what it is?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...