Dashboards & Visualizations

Not able to remove entries from table row

uptoNoGood
Explorer

Hi,

We have a jenkins pipeline and I am writing a query to visualize duration of various stages across different builds. When using jenkins splunk plugin, its giving some values which arent actually stage names.

If I try to remove those out in search itself, it returns empty data as all stages seem to be in a single statistics raw event. If i later try to use where on it that too doesnt work. Sort also doesnt work on numerice duration values 

Query I am using is :

index=dx_campaign_utf_jenkins_statistics host="<hostname>" event_tag=job_event type=completed job_name=orchestration-pipeline "stages{}.name"="*" 
| rename stages{}.duration as stageduration 
| rename stages{}.name as stageName
| table stageName, stageduration, build_number

Query returns result like :

Annotation 2020-07-09 193047.png

How do i remove stages like /apps, com ones ?

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

uptoNoGood
Explorer

Hi @richgalloway 
This was giving syntax error. Did you mean mvfilter(match(stageName, "\/apps")?
I wasn't aware of multi fields, after your reply I tried on multiple multi field options and ended up using a combination of mvexpand, table and spath :

index=dx_campaign_utf_jenkins_statistics host="<hostname>" event_tag=job_event type=completed job_name=orchestration-pipeline "stages{}.name"="*"
| spath output=stagesmf path=stages{}
| table stagesmf, build_number
| mvexpand stagesmf
| rename stagesmf as _raw
| spath path=duration | spath path=name | spath path=start_time
| table name, duration, start_time, build_number
| where NOT like(name, "%.groovy")

problem with working with multi fields was that any filter only removed values from one column, so i had to separate these out early to get filtering to work

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try using mvfilter to remove the undesired bits.

| rename stages{}.duration as stageduration 
| rename stages{}.name as stageName
| eval stageName=mvfilter(stageName, "\/apps")
| table stageName, stageduration, build_number

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

uptoNoGood
Explorer

Hi @richgalloway 
This was giving syntax error. Did you mean mvfilter(match(stageName, "\/apps")?
I wasn't aware of multi fields, after your reply I tried on multiple multi field options and ended up using a combination of mvexpand, table and spath :

| spath output=stagesmf path=stages{}
| table stagesmf, build_number
| mvexpand stagesmf
| rename stagesmf as _raw
| spath path=duration | spath path=name | spath path=start_time
| table name, duration, start_time, build_number
| where NOT like(name, "%.groovy")

problem with working with multi fields was that any filter only removed values from one column, so i had to separate these out early to get filtering to work

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Apologies for the syntax error. Glad you figured it out.
If your problem is resolved, please accept one of the replies to help future readers.
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...