Dashboards & Visualizations

No matching fields exist

Narj
Path Finder

Hi all,

I'm getting a blue bar with "No matching fields exist" at the top of one of my dashboards. The funny thing is that all of the panels are populating.

I did rename the App by renaming the directory (I went through and changed the role's default app as well - and didn't have any private searches etc). So, I'm a bit paranoid that this may have caused the issue. I did restart Splunk afterwards.

Are there any log files I can check that might point out where the issue is?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

helge
Builder

To get rid of this, you need to have your dashboard in advanced XML mode. Add the following to the Message module:

<param name="level">warn</param>

The full Module section might look like this:

<module name="Message" layoutPanel="messaging">
   <param name="filter">*</param>
   <param name="clearOnJobDispatch">False</param>
   <param name="maxSize">1</param>
</module>

View solution in original post

helge
Builder

To get rid of this, you need to have your dashboard in advanced XML mode. Add the following to the Message module:

The full Module section might look like this:

<module name="Message" layoutPanel="messaging">
   <param name="filter">*</param>
   <param name="clearOnJobDispatch">False</param>
   <param name="maxSize">1</param>
</module>

Narj
Path Finder

Hi all,OK for starters, it turns out that my field extraction was not working under certain circumstances. That's fixed but I'm still getting the alert on a 12 hour timespan, whereas I don't on a 7 day one.After some investigation, it seems that the error is coming from me using the "table" command... when there are no results, it flags up.Is there a way of getting around this? ie: don't bother running the table command if there are no results? 🙂

0 Karma

Narj
Path Finder

Aha... removing one panel at a time has helped identify the culprit, although I have no idea why it's throwing up this error in the dashboard. Will post back with findings!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...