Dashboards & Visualizations

New to Splunk

Menorel
Loves-to-Learn

Hello All,

Been trying to get the hang of syntax within Splunk and have been able to sus out a basic understanding, true to form for myself, I usually end up jumping into the deep end when I do things, so bear with me.

I am attempting to creat a report/search/dashboard that looks over the last four hours and will display the largest percent increase of a value.

The field is BIN currently stored as a numerical value, I have tried the tostring command to transform it but usually ends up as no values being returned or them all being grouped together.

But I digress, how would I first create a search/table view that would be updated along a described timeframe lets say every hour where it looks at the previous timeframe as a percentage of total records for that timeframe and calculates the percentage increase of the two timeframes and filters to see the top 20 increases?

Example:

I would want to ignore any decreasing values and possibly only see the top 20 that had increased that are greater than or equal to a 15% increase.

BINPercent 2 hour agoPercent 1 hr agoPecent change
12345610%12%16.7%
23456110%8%-25%
34561230%25%-20%
45612335%30%-16.7%
56123415%

25%

40%

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...