Dashboards & Visualizations

Need to move dashboards from one serach head location to other search head location - Distributed search mechanism in workplace

OMohi
Path Finder

Hi :

I need to move dashobard from one serach head location to another, can that be done in splunk. Also need to change the owner name who has created the dashboard.
Please let us know.

Thanks,
Obaid

Tags (1)
0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Dashboards are merely XML. You will want to be careful to take along any other saved searches or other knowledge objects. You can find the file in $APP_HOME/(default|local)/data/ui/views/FILENAME.xml OR $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/users/USERNAME/$APP_NAME/local/data/ui/views/FILELNAME.xml. Just copy that file and it's savedsearches, etc to the new search head to the same or similar location. Owner would be come the default of whatever app you place it in.

0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did this help you?

0 Karma

anoopambli
Communicator

I am trying this out but the dashboards are not appearing on the destination server. Do i need to recycle Splunk on the destination server after copying the xml file?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...