Dashboards & Visualizations

Need help with a Rex command

Mrig342
Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to extract "Sync_State" from the below logs types:

log1:  Synchronization : In Sync

log2: Synchronization : Out of Sync

I created the rex command "(?ms)Synchronization\s:\s(?<Sync_State>\w+\s\w+)". Using this I am getting "In Sync" in the right way but for "Out of Sync" I am getting only "Out of". 

Please help me create a rex command to extract the field values in the desired way.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

OK either just remove the $ or add State to the end

rex "(?ms)Synchronization\s:\s(?<Sync_State>[\w\s]+Sync)\sState"

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| rex "(?ms)Synchronization\s:\s(?<Sync_State>[\w\s]+Sync$)"

Although, without the complete log entry, it may be that $ is inappropriate and something else would be better suited to denote the end of the value

0 Karma

Mrig342
Contributor

Hi ITWhisperer,

Thank you for your response. However it didn't work for me.

If you want to check the complete log entry then please find it below:

log1: Mon Jan 25 19:07:03 EST 2021 Node Id :47337 Node State : Not running Synchronization : In Sync State : Stopped Number of template version : 6

log2: Mon Jan 25 19:07:03 EST 2021 Node Id :47337 Node State : Running Synchronization : Out of Sync State : Stopped Number of template version : 6

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

OK either just remove the $ or add State to the end

rex "(?ms)Synchronization\s:\s(?<Sync_State>[\w\s]+Sync)\sState"

Mrig342
Contributor

Thank you very much ITWhisperer.. It worked. Your support is much much appreciated.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...