Dashboards & Visualizations

Multiple base searches in one search

ektasardana
Explorer

I have three base searches in my dashboard

<query>....</query>

<query>...</query>

<query>...</query>

I need to show the results of each these queries in a single table, so I thought I can use multiple base searches, something like this

<query>...</query>

Is there a way the above can be achieved?
Thanks!!

elliotproebstel
Champion

Are you looking to append together the results of each search? I'm trying to understand the use case so that I can offer advice. There are probably many ways of achieving your end goal, so maybe you could give more details?

0 Karma

ektasardana
Explorer

I have separate searches which all use a base search and calculate event duration.
Example: Base_search -> quite complex
search1 uses base_search results and output action1 duration
search2 uses base_search results and output action2 duration
search3 uses base_search results and output action3 duration

Now I want to display on a bar chart the durations with action on x axis and time on y axis.

PS: there is no easy way to combine all the results in one search, thats why I create separate searches

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

No, in each panel you can use only one base search ti declare in search Tag.
If you want to speed up you sear h you have to use the Splunk acceleration methods.
Bye.
Giuseppe

0 Karma

nick405060
Motivator

I downvoted this post because no longer correct

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...