Dashboards & Visualizations

Multi series column chart with overlay separate y-axis

nirmalya2006
Path Finder

Hi All

I am trying to create a multiseries column chart over time with two different y-axis - one on left and one on right.
My Basic query is as below :

| stats avg(eval(iBatchSize/1024)) as Avg, avg(iDocCount) as Count by _time

What I am trying to achieve is to create column chart as below
The blue columns to show average batch size and the red columns to show document count.
They will come in pairs for a span=1d.
Blue columns will have the y-axis on the left side of the chart and red columns on the right.
This is because the values cannot be brought on the same scale.

alt text

I want to know if this can at all be done.
If so, please guide me.

Thanks in advance

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend
0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Converted to answer because chart overlays will do exactly what the requester is asking for.

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

@nirmalaya2006 The overlay field in a chart can only be set as a line. You cannot set it as a column.

0 Karma

nirmalya2006
Path Finder

Thant is exactly where I am stuck.

Chart overlay cannot show double columns.
I need to implement a multi series chart but I am unable to do so.

Please help me to get this working.

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

I am not aware of a way this can be achieved. Besides, not sure if it is the best format - having two column next to each other with differing scale.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...