Dashboards & Visualizations

Moving the horizontal scrollbar on a Dashboard

Hazel
Communicator

Hello,

For most of our eventdata tables and dashboards, the values go for off the panel on the right hand side. The tables are also quite long too, which means you have to scroll down using the scrollbar on ie/firefox, then use the scrollbar along on the panel inside.

Would there be a way to move the bottom scrollbar to part of ie/firefox like the side scrollbar? It would be nice to scroll to the right, without having to scroll down first?

Thanks! Hazel

Janakiramanmani
Loves-to-Learn

HI ,
i am getting error When i add the " " in my XML Code .

Please help to resolve this .

regards,
Janakiraman

0 Karma

Hazel
Communicator

The below works for Firefox:

1. Add the following .css file, e.g in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/search/appserver/static/fullscroll.css

div.oneColRow div.layoutCell {
        width: auto;
        min-width: 100%;
    }

2. Set your Dashboard to use the CSS file by adding it to the xml, e.g

<view template=”dashboard.html” stylesheet=”fullscroll.css”>
    </view>

3. Restart splunk web

Note: If like me, you have a simple dashboard, you can use this link to get the advanced dashboard code for it, to which you can then add the extension

http://localhost:8000/en-US/app/<app_name>/<dashboard_name>?showsource=true

Janakiramanmani
Loves-to-Learn

Hi ,

i am gettng error when i add "" in my XML code .

can you guide me where i need add this code .

regards ,

Janakiraman

0 Karma

Super Champion

Hi @Janakiramanmani ·,
can you provide your xml so that I can guide you ....

0 Karma

Hazel
Communicator

Hi - the xml is too big to add it as a comment and if I put it in the main section it tries to interpret the "<". Any idea how I can escape that?

0 Karma

Johnvey
Contributor

Can you paste in your XML here? The CSS additions are dependent on your specific view configuration.

0 Karma

Hazel
Communicator

Just an update to this. I used the 'width' setting on my xml module FlashChart to extend the panel, which adds in a scrollbar, but it only extends my panel, not the whole dashboard. Any ideas how to change the width of the whole dashboard?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...