Dashboards & Visualizations

Mapping an index to an app

sushmitha_mj
Communicator

Hi...
I have created my own app and I have an index as well. I want to map this index to the app... How should I do this using splunk web?
If I cannot do this using splunk web, how else should I do it?

Tags (3)
1 Solution

sanjay_shrestha
Contributor

You might need to create indexes.conf and configure under your apps default folder manually.

View solution in original post

sanjay_shrestha
Contributor

You might need to create indexes.conf and configure under your apps default folder manually.

sushmitha_mj
Communicator

Does it need some kind of a restart, to reflect on the splunk web?
Do I have to make any changes to the index files?

0 Karma

sanjay_shrestha
Contributor

Yes it would require Splunk restart.

sanjay_shrestha
Contributor

What do you mean by changes to index files?

sushmitha_mj
Communicator

How should I restart?
Yes, I mean changes to index files?

0 Karma

sanjay_shrestha
Contributor

Settings > Server Controls > Restart Splunk

sushmitha_mj
Communicator

Thank you so much... It worked, the change reflected.. 🙂

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What you mean when you say your want to map the index with the app? You want to make the index only accessible from the app?

0 Karma

sushmitha_mj
Communicator

No.. I want the app to use this index instead of default index and when I go to the splunk web-> index name, I want to see this app name instead of "system". Basically, I want the app to populate data from this index.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...