Dashboards & Visualizations

Linking to a chart from outside splunk?

jbp4444
Path Finder

Possibly a newbie question ... I've got a saved search/saved report that I'd like to provide, as an image, to another website. Sort of a way for people to see an overall load on the system without having to log into splunk.

The webpage would hopefully just have an 'img src=...' tag with some fixed URL.

Is there a way for Splunk to run a report and deposit a JPG/PNG/GIF/TIFF file somewhere?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

jbp4444
Path Finder

I ended up doing a saved search which triggers a shell script. The splunk search results come as a comma-separated gzipped file, read into a php script and generated charts with pChart.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

MichaelKliewe

I would also love the possibility to just have a URL from outside and then get an image for our admin tool, where I would like to display the most important graphs.
Your solution with a PHP script and generating the graphs yourself is a solution, but far away from perfect.

0 Karma

jbp4444
Path Finder

I ended up doing a saved search which triggers a shell script. The splunk search results come as a comma-separated gzipped file, read into a php script and generated charts with pChart.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...