Dashboards & Visualizations

Linking to a chart from outside splunk?

jbp4444
Path Finder

Possibly a newbie question ... I've got a saved search/saved report that I'd like to provide, as an image, to another website. Sort of a way for people to see an overall load on the system without having to log into splunk.

The webpage would hopefully just have an 'img src=...' tag with some fixed URL.

Is there a way for Splunk to run a report and deposit a JPG/PNG/GIF/TIFF file somewhere?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

jbp4444
Path Finder

I ended up doing a saved search which triggers a shell script. The splunk search results come as a comma-separated gzipped file, read into a php script and generated charts with pChart.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

MichaelKliewe

I would also love the possibility to just have a URL from outside and then get an image for our admin tool, where I would like to display the most important graphs.
Your solution with a PHP script and generating the graphs yourself is a solution, but far away from perfect.

0 Karma

jbp4444
Path Finder

I ended up doing a saved search which triggers a shell script. The splunk search results come as a comma-separated gzipped file, read into a php script and generated charts with pChart.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...