Dashboards & Visualizations

Keep the format visualization options from the dashboard when using "Open in Search"

jrglayos
Engager

Hello Everyone!

I am struggling to find out how to keep the format visualization options for a chart in a Splunk dashboard when opening the search with the "Open in Search" option. I do have a dashboard where all panels have a 2-axis visualization (column & line) with many customization (type of scale, min and max values, etc.), however when opening the search using the "Open in Search" option that customization is lost.

Do you  know if there's any way to preserve that customization?

Many thanks in advance!

Best

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jrglayos,

"Open in search" is a generic dashboard done to work on data without formats where you can modify the search as you need.

If you want a dashboard that maintain the same formats of the main dashboard, the only way is to set a drilldown in the dashboard that opens a new dashboard with all the formats of the original dashboard.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jrglayos,

"Open in search" is a generic dashboard done to work on data without formats where you can modify the search as you need.

If you want a dashboard that maintain the same formats of the main dashboard, the only way is to set a drilldown in the dashboard that opens a new dashboard with all the formats of the original dashboard.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

jrglayos
Engager

Thanks @gcusello, that makes sense and ends my struggle 🙂

Have a nice day!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...