Dashboards & Visualizations

Issue with Dashboard: Why does the browser need to be refreshed to show data?

kozanic_FF
Path Finder

Hi All,

Not sure if anyone else experiencing this issue.

We have a TV set-up with a dashboard on display in our support area. Dashboard has auto refresh configured and updates every minute.

After a period of time, one or more of the panels starts to indicate that there is no results to display, even through there are. If we F5 to refresh the browser, the panel starts to show results again.

I have tried using both chrome and firefox to display the dashboard and will try IE / edge next, but just wondering if anyone else out there has had this experience and found a solution to prevent the panels from "breaking"?

EDIT - screen shots added
Dashboard board with issue present:
alt text

Same Dashboard after an F5 refresh:
alt text

Labels (1)
0 Karma

FlorianScho
Path Finder

Hi @kozanic_FF,

did you solve the problem?

0 Karma

Anam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi FlorianScho

This question was posted in 2018, please go ahead and post a new question to get more visibility from the community.

Thanks!

0 Karma

harishalipaka
Motivator

@kozanic_FF

put a refresh property for each element

have a look in to thislink

Thanks
Harish
0 Karma

kozanic_FF
Path Finder

Hi @harishalipaka,

Thanks for the link, but refreshing the dashboard is not my issue. I already have refresh configured and it works well.

Issue is that after some time, something happens (possibly browser related) where by the refresh stops returning results.

I've added some screen shots to the original post to show what's happening.

0 Karma

Vijeta
Influencer

Cant see any screenshots

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...