Dashboards & Visualizations

Is there anyway to pass $row.field_name$ without clicking on the dashboard?

johnmvang
Path Finder

I need to get field values after a search finishes and pull fields from the finished search and set those values as tokens. i'm using $row.field_name$ but it's literally passing that text rather than the values.

0 Karma
1 Solution

Vijeta
Influencer

Is it a table that is your output? You can try $result.field_name$ instead

View solution in original post

Vijeta
Influencer

johnmvang
Path Finder

got it. thanks

0 Karma

qbolbk59
Path Finder

Hi @Vijeta

When using $result.field_name$, it's passing the name of the column instead of value of that column.

And it's still not passing the tokens automatically. I still have to click on the result of previous dashboard.

0 Karma

Vijeta
Influencer

0 Karma

johnmvang
Path Finder

it is a table. and i did try it and it is working. is this documented? i could not find that.

thanks a million.

PS. i can't mark this as resolved for some reason.

0 Karma

Vijeta
Influencer

Please accept the answer if the problem is resolved. I am not sure if its documented.
I converted it to answer , you should be able to mark it resolve now.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...