Dashboards & Visualizations

Is there any way to apply the dark theme dashboards per user?

TonyLeeVT
Builder

We have some users who want to use the 7.2 dark theme dashboards and then some who do not.

Does anyone know of a method to allow users to specify the theme as part of their user preferences (similar to the SPL Editor theme preference)?

We realize that we can add "theme=dark" to every URL, but that can be rather annoying for the users.

efavreau
Motivator

Provide your users with bookmarklets, which allow them - with a button click from the browser bookmark bar, to change the mode:

Change to Light Mode

javascript:void((function(){var loc = location.href; if (loc.indexOf('theme') >= 0) return; loc.indexOf("?") < 0 ? (location.href = loc+"?&theme=light") : (location.href = loc+"&theme=light");})());

Change to Dark Mode

javascript:void((function(){var loc = location.href; if (loc.indexOf('theme') >= 0) return; loc.indexOf("?") < 0 ? (location.href = loc+"?&theme=dark") : (location.href = loc+"&theme=dark");})());

I can't make these hyperlink bookmarklets here in Splunk Answers, so you would need to provide it to your users, rather than point them to this question.

If you or your users aren't familiar with bookmarklets, they click and drag the bookmark link to their bookmark bar. Then click it when they want it to perform something. More details here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bookmarklet

###

If this reply helps you, an upvote would be appreciated.

douglasmsouza
Explorer

I'm having the same problem here... Did you manage to solve it?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...